A ‘one-stop’ Design and Build service for house extensions and new build houses. At Brunskill Design, we use our own staff and approved subcontract tradespeople, a tailored team to suit each project most effectively, depending on your objectives.
With construction services and with material prices fluctuating, many special offers and weekly price rises coexist. If you are extending an existing building, it’s usually best to open up to the weather in the summer or early autumn. Allow a few months for the project planning phases.
Brunskill Design can lead you through all the stages to completion.
- Initially a feasibility study is often a good idea. This basic report at low cost, will help firm up the objectives, the scheme required, the cost of it, what it will be made of, how long it will take to build and what the resulting project will be worth.
- Planning Permission drawings and
- Building Regulations drawings and written specification are likely to follow this in most cases. Please note for small domestic works lots of items no longer need local authority planning permission since national rules changed in 2008. Your local authority can offer advice to householders.
- We create all construction details and specifications required sufficient for the build.
- Costs associated with tendering and further architects fees can be avoided by using our build service by direct Contract.
- We cost plan, schedule, insure and project manage the build and construct the works to the specifications developed with you. We try to minimise disruption in the planning. There will be stage payments due during construction. All works will be done following a ‘full plans’ submission to Building Control (this is the preferred method as reduces cost risk to all).
- You will have the opportunity to ‘snag’ the final works and have items corrected before final handover and the final payment is required.
We can incorporate garden design and interior design elements / tasks when required.
If you wish to assess the likely costs for your property please call us now on 07821 876060. If we can’t help you on the phone we will make an appointment to visit the property. www.brunskilldesign.com